Training for the beginner is very important, if done incorrectly it could lead to serious injury or just put you off fitness training for good, below I have designed a program suitable for any one who wants to begin a fitness training program at the gym or with their own fitness equipment. Always check with your medical practitioner before starting any kind of exercise or supplement regime especially if you have, or have had any kind of medical condition.
BEGINNERS FITNESS TRAINING PROGRAM
Training: 3 days a week
Duration: 6 weeks
Two all over body workouts and one cardiovascular training session
per week. Each weight training exercise will consist of 15 reps
minimum to 20 reps maximum.
Day 1 (Monday) All over body workout
Chest bench press 2 sets, 15 to 20 reps
Shoulders dumbell press seated 2 sets, 15 to 20 reps
Triceps pushdowns 2 sets, 15 to 20 reps
Legs leg extensions 2 sets, 15 to 20 reps
leg curls 2 sets, 15 to 20 reps
calf raises 2 sets, 15 to 20 reps
Back lat pull downs 2 sets, 15 to 20 reps
Biceps barbell curls 2 sets, 15 to 20 reps
Day 2 (Tuesday) day off, rest
Day 3 (Wednesday) Cardiovascular (aerobic)
10 minutes exercise cycle
10 minutes rowing machine
10 minutes elliptical cross trainer
30 minutes total
Day 4 (Thursday) day off, rest
Day 5 (Friday) Repeat day 1 routine
BEGINNERS ROUTINE ESSENTIALS
• 10 minutes aerobic warm up should be performed before
weight training sessions
• A rest period of 1 minute (or more if required) should be taken
between each set
• Each set should be trained comfortably for 15 to 20 reps
• Do not train to failure
• Cardiovascular sessions should be performed at a comfortable
pace, not so you are breathing too heavily during the beginners
• Once the 6 week beginners routine is finished it will be time to
move on. Speak to one of our experts to see which routine will
now be best for you
• Use a training diary to continuously monitor performance and
• Use the correct supplements and proper diet
• Get enough sleep
HEROES TRAINING TIPS
1. Train with a partner if possible or seek the help, advice
and assistance of your gym instructor.
2. Follow the supplement guide and a proper diet program
to get the best results from your training.
3. In most exercise routines intensity is a key factor. You
can increase intensity by limiting the rest time between
sets, completing more reps or using more weight.
4. Get enough rest. Your muscle will only develop and grow
when you are resting.
5. It is very important not to over train as this can have
detrimental effects on your development and your health.
6. Take a few days off at the end of each training cycle.This
allows your body to recuperate before starting a new
training routine. If you are using the muscle, power or
athletic routines this is really important - these are very
intense training routines.
7. Drink plenty of water.
8. Training routines are a guide only and can be changed to
suit your circumstances.
9. For the cardiovascular exercises different equipment
can be substituted as required eg treadmill instead of
10. It may at first be necessary to increase rest times
between sets and then gradually reduce them.
11. Never lift weights so heavy they cause you injury – you
should never use more weight than you can comfortably lift.